Karen Galea develops strategies and proposals in partnership with university leaders, faculty, and staff to secure significant foundation gifts for the University, both for projects that align with FAU’s strategic priorities, as well as for faculty-initiated projects.
- Karen Galea is a community psychologist with over 20 years’ experience in fund development. Before FAU, Karen launched Grant Consulting Solutions, LLC, where she provided full-service research and proposal writing for the nonprofit, higher education, and for-profit sectors. Karen also served as the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations for the University of Miami in Miami, FL and Director of External Funding at National Louis University in Chicago, IL.
- Prior to Karen’s work in fund development, she served as a Professional Development Associate for the American Institute of Research, delivering data-driven workshops to K-12 schools in the U.S. and U.S. Virgin Islands. She has taught adult basic education and English as a Second Language at the college-level and college readiness skills as an Upward Bound TRiO instructor.
- National Louis University: Ph.D., Community Psychology
- Antioch University Seattle: MA Ed.
- Michigan State University: BA, International Studies