DEVELOPING LEADERS TO SOLVE THE GLOBAL WATER CRISIS
Help us by Investing in the Future of Water Conservation & Management
Your Sponsorship will Help Develop Future Water Conservation Leaders:
Each spring, FAU’s Center for Environmental Studies (CES) hosts the Annual International Water Professionals Program, engaging graduate students from developing nations worldwide.
This exciting program brings graduate students from the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education to South Florida for a specialized education in solving water challenges. Local experts utilize the Everglades and other significant restoration projects as case studies and includes a focus on modeling, policy, implementation, challenges and opportunities. Ranging from 10 to 40 students, the program provides an opportunity to showcase the partnership between government agencies and others as a model for worldwide efforts through a practical, hands on, approach.
We are seeking sponsors for our 2020 Water Professionals Program. Sponsors have the opportunity to engage with students on field trips, all which bring a diverse level of knowledge and expertise to the program. Many have worked in the private or government sector in their home countries including: Spain, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, China, Singapore, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Guyana, France, Bolivia, Saint Lucia, Colombia, Yemen, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Norway, Mexico, Thailand, Italy, Russia, Uganda, Barbados, Eritrea, Ghana, Nepal and Kenya.
While in Southern Florida, students will:
- Visit Florida’s Everglades to learn about wetlands restoration and challenges;
- Attend sessions by South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD), USGS scientists and others on modeling, water management and policy decisions;
- Visit Lake Okeechobee to learn about water quality issues and storage;
- Investigate the SFWMD’s flood control, canal and drainage system;
- Explore the Kissimmee River by boat to learn about the world’s largest river restoration;
- Present their global research interests at a Water Professionals Symposium & poster session at the SFWMD.
How You Can Help
Your generous donation will help cover the costs of:
- Field-based Experiences – Students traveling to field sites to learn hydrological and engineering management strategies. Sponsors donating at least $1,000 will get the opportunity to join the students on one of their expeditions.
- The Water Professionals Symposium – Held at the SFWMD, the Symposium includes a poster session with student presentations that highlight their global case studies and research interests. This symposium provides an opportunity for sharing international water-related issues with over 100 of Florida’s scientists and professionals. Students will integrate their new knowledge into their research and management projects to help create positive changes in their native countries
For more program information, please visit: www.ces.fau.edu/ihe-delft
Support the Future of Water Conservation and Management Today!
For your generosity and support, we can’t thank you enough.
NOTE: Gifts may also be made by check payable to FAU Foundation, Inc. Please write desired fund designation on the memo line and mail to:
FAU Foundation, Inc.
777 Glades Road, ADM 295
Boca Raton, FL, 33431