Dr. Allen serves as the Development Director for the Kelly/Strul Emerging Scholars Program, which is Florida Atlantic’s premier scholarship for providing low-income, first-generation students, a debt-free college education. Dr. Allen has served as the Director for First-Generation Student Success at Florida Atlantic and identifies as a first-generation student. He uses his professional expertise and personal experience to inform his donor base of the generational impact that giving has in the lives of first-generation students and their families.
- Prior to his role in Institutional Advancement, Dr. Allen served 12 years in higher education administration serving in roles spanning across event operations, facilities, program development, and Student Affairs administration.
- Dr. Allen is an advocate for first-generation student success having served as the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) First-Gen Forward regional institution leader, and currently serves as a board member for the Take Stock In Children, West Palm Beach chapter.
- Dr. Allen is also an active scholar with research interests in leadership, spirituality, mindfulness, and minority men development.
- Florida State University: Bachelor of Arts
- Florida Atlantic University: Master of Education, Doctor of Philosophy