David Green joined FAU in 2017 as Assistant Vice President of Development for the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. In 2023, upon the launch of the Transcend Tomorrow campaign, he was promoted to Assistant Vice President in Institutional Advancement, overseeing the administration of the entire Advancement division, including the planning and implementation of all campaign operations. Green’s career in planning and fundraising for nonprofit organizations spans more than three decades, beginning as an officer for Harvard University where he directed various efforts for its 1980s capital campaign.
- Based in South Florida, Green recently served as Assistant Vice President/Campaign Director at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County. There he focused on principal gift prospects and assisted in securing more than $6 million in key donations supporting arts education activities.
- Prior, Green served as Executive Director in Medical Development at the University of Miami, Miller School Of Medicine where he was involved in securing several eight- and seven-figure gifts.
- Formerly a senior consultant with the national firms Milano, Ruff & Associates of Los Angeles, and C. W. Shaver & Company of New York City, Green’s responsibilities included designing and implementing fundraising programs, guiding and implementing strategic planning activities, and developing operating and capital pro forma budget projections, raising hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Harvard College: Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Harvard Business School: Master’s Degree in Business Administration