Alvin Hines joined Florida Atlantic University’s Foundation staff in 2018 and recently held the title of Assistant Athletic Director for Development until March 2020. His prior expertise in fundraising raised over $4 million in major gifts and annual fund giving, making him a valuable asset to the Foundation’s team.
- Prior to FAU, Hines served at the University of Missouri first as Assistant Director of Development – Annual Fund, then as the Director of Development for Major Gifts. His responsibilities included managing a portfolio of 250 annual fund and major gift donors.
- Hines served as a Team Operations assistant with the College Football Playoff, aiding with the planning and execution of all events and operations associated with the teams participating in the 2016 & 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship.
- Hines got his start in collegiate athletics in 2014, when he served as an Administrative Fellow with the American Athletic Conference, a role in which he coordinated all facets of operations for eight spring championships and three fall championships.
- Samford University: B.S. Sports Administration
- University of Missouri: M.S. in Education, Counseling, Leadership & Sport Psychology