Vida K. Smith
Vida Smith serves as Senior Information Specialist for the Foundation, joining the team in 2018 to process transactions and information related to incoming donations from events, corporate, and individual giving. She ensures pledges, recurring gifts, memberships, and tributes are accurately processed and linked to donor accounts in a timely manner. Smith also documents donor giving and contact information in the Foundation’s database to ensure its records are kept with best practices in receiving and sending donor information, solicitations, and receipts.
- Smith came to the Foundation after serving FAU as an Admission Services Officer for the MacArthur Campus and Senior Secretary of the College of Arts and Letters — Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- She counts academic, medical, and manufacturing settings as sources of valuable skills-building experiences in customer service, conflict resolution, decision making, and interpersonal communication. Those include Jeba Ghana Limited, Pentecost Senior High School, Brookdale Senior Living, and Palm Beach State College.
- Smith is a board member with Boca Raton Housing Authority’s Family Self Sufficiency Program and formerly volunteered with the Palm Beach County Office of the State Attorney.
- Agence D’or Secretarial and Language Training Institute, Accra-Ghana: Diploma in Office Management
- Techni-Pro Institute: CNA License
- Professional Career Development Institute, Ghana: Certificate in Computer Application
- Palm Beach State College: Associate of Arts Degree
- Florida Atlantic University: B.A. Criminal Justice
- Florida Atlantic University: M.Ed., Higher Educational Leadership