Title (field 2)
Director of Development, College of Social Work and Criminal Justice
The FAU Foundation Development Staff
In his role as Director of Development, Tootie manages all development and fundraising functions in the College of Social Work and Criminal Justice. He develops solicitation and closure strategies for major gifts aligned with both the College’s and University’s fundraising priorities and campaigns. He collaborates with the Dean, the College executive team, and faculty/staff to identify funding priorities, assess the relevance and feasibility of proposed projects/priorities, and develop and manage comprehensive strategies to secure gifts for selected priorities and campaign initiatives.
- Tootie Martin joins Florida Atlantic University from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN, where he served as Director of Development for the Morrison Family College of Health, overseeing all fundraising efforts in the School of Social Work, Graduate School of Professional Psychology, the Department of Health & Exercise Science, and the newly launched Susan S. Morrison School of Nursing.
- He also served on the University Advancement team at Concordia University in St. Paul, MN, for 10 years. As the Director of Development at Concordia, Tootie managed his portfolio of major and principal gift prospects and supervised Concordia’s major gift fundraisers. He has a proven record of success in fundraising, regularly exceeding individual and team goals.
- Tootie uses his unique skills, career, and life experiences to advance human flourishing and well-being through collaboration and partnerships in the community.
- Tootie is a Florida native, born and raised in Panama City, FL. He is excited about returning to his home state of Florida. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and son, weight training, hiking, exploring nature, and serving in the community.
- Concordia University, St. Paul, MN: Master of Business Administration degree, Bachelor of Arts degree