Title (field 2)
Director of Development, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and Libraries
FAU Class of 1985
The FAU Foundation Development Staff
In his role as Director of Development for the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and Libraries, Mike oversees all philanthropic activities for the SE Wimberly Library and its vast collections as well as the OLLI programs in Fort Lauderdale, Boca and Jupiter.
- Prior to joining FAU, Mike served in senior leadership roles as CEO of the Broward Schools Foundation, CEO of the Broward Health Foundation, and President of Covenant House of Florida.
- Mike has also served in senior fundraising positions at the Broward Partnership, Florida State University and Nova Southeastern University.
- Mike is very active in the community. He is a graduate of both Leadership Broward (Class IX) and Leadership Florida (Class XXVIII). in 1999, Mike was elected to the Lighthouse Point City Commission where he continues to serve as the longest elected official in City history. Mike previously served on the Broward County Planning Council, appointed by the Broward County Commission, as vice Chair and since 2014, by gubernatorial appointment, has served on the Broward County Housing Authority.
- For fun, Mike served on the board of the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade for over 20 years, and as the parade chair for three years.
- Mike is a proud Owl, having graduated from FAU’s College of Education. Mike was elected to the FAU National Alumni Association Board for eight years including serving as President for one year. In addition, he was engaged with the FAU Broward Presidents Community Council for almost 15 years.
- Florida Atlantic University: Bachelor of Science degree