Melissa Stires serves as the Director of Development for the Christine E. Lynn School of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University. She is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan for the school. Stires is a Certified Advanced International Protocol Officer and an accomplished fundraising, event, and marketing executive with experience across the corporate, tech, academic, and government sectors. She has advised members of royal families, politicians, nonprofits, and business influencers worldwide.
- Previously Stires served in a variety of roles at the George Washington University (GW) in Washington D.C., most recently as the Director of Development and Principal Stewardship for the Milken Institute School of Public Health. She provided strategic leadership for all personal engagement for principal-level donors making transformational gifts of $5M and higher.
- Prior at GW, Stires served as Advisor and Presidential Liaison in the Office of the President, where she coordinated and staffed more than 60 national and international trips for the president. She was also a critical member of the team who secured a record-breaking $80M gift to GW's billion-dollar campaign.
- University of Florida: B.S. in Public Relations
- Protocol School of Washington: Certification Advanced International Protocol Officer
- Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy: Certificate in Fund Raising Management