Danita D. Nias
Danita D. Nias holds more than 20 years of experience in fundraising, strategic planning, and institutional leadership in higher education. Florida Atlantic University hired Nias in 2016 to catapult the university into a new era of excellence and spearhead its first comprehensive campaign in 20 years.
Nias oversees all aspects of FAU’s Institutional Advancement and Alumni Association activities. Under her leadership, the Division of Institutional Advancement has seen its greatest success. In four short years, she has raised nearly a quarter of all the dollars raised in FAU’s history.
- Prior to FAU, Nias served at the University of Florida. Over five years, she rose from positions in alumni relations and external affairs to Senior Associate Vice President for External Affairs, where she was responsible for a portfolio of major donors and prospects. She directed the national volunteer strategy to support UF’s $3 billion campaign.
- From 1995 to 2011, Nias held numerous senior-level positions at the University of Maryland, including Assistant Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations during the university’s $1 billion campaign. She was Director of Athletics before pivoting her talents to fundraising.
- In addition to her higher education experience, Nias worked in private industry for 14 years at global giants Xerox Corporation and Learning International.
- Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland: bachelor’s degree in business with personnel and labor relations
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University: M.A. in international relations
- Florida Atlantic University: Ph.D. candidate in business