Recognizing Our Donors
The FAU Foundation gratefully honors you, our loyal alumni, friends, faculty and staff for your generous spirit. Your commitment allows the University to accomplish extraordinary things and advance our achievements in education, research and public service.
We strive to provide you with meaningful, appropriate, accurate and consistent stewardship for your generosity, through acknowledgements, an annual donor honor roll, recognition events and placement in giving societies.
Annual Giving Recognition
The FAU Foundation has established the following levels within the True Blue Society to encourage engagement and say “thank you” for your generosity: Diamond
: Recognizes gifts of $5,000 or moreRuby
: Recognizes gifts of $1,000 - $4,999Sapphire
: Recognizes gifts of $1 to $999Pearl
: Recognizes student giving of any amount
Faculty and staff giving are recognized through the following levels of The Owl’s Nest Society
: 10 or more years of consecutive giving or $10,000 in cumulative givingSilver
: 5-9 years of consecutive giving or $5,000-9,999 in cumulative givingBronze
: Up to 5 years of consecutive giving or up to $4,999 in cumulative giving
Deferred Giving Recognition: the Horizon Society
The FAU Foundation confers Horizon Society membership on special individuals who have demonstrated an unwavering confidence in FAU by choosing to make deferred gifts that will come to FAU at a future date.
Continued support by alumni and friends through gift planning has resulted in the development of a number of innovative academic programs, student scholarships and faculty research opportunities. Click here
for more information on how your planned investment can help future generations of students.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.